1. What Information We Collect
- Information You Provide Directly: When you use our Services, we collect a variety of information from you directly, including personally identifiable information. This information is obtained from your online registrations, searches, applications, surveys or other forms you may complete. For example, when you register to use our Services, you provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, physical address, e-mail address or phone number. You may also provide information about third parties. Further, we may collect information about your transactions with our affiliates or others, and may combine all information that is collected from your interactions with us, our affiliates and others.
- Information You Provide By Using Our Services: In addition to the information that you provide directly, we collect and store information such as your unique device identifier, the page or subject areas you visit, your browser program, Internet Protocol address, operating system and language, the state or country from which you accessed our Services, the information you request, the date and time of your visits, the websites you visited before and after visiting our websites, error logs, preferences expressed, settings chosen, hardware and software information of your device. If you permit our Services to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, we may also collect the precise location of your device while you actively use it. We may also derive your approximate location based on your IP address. You may deactivate the location service on your mobile device but some of our Service features may be unavailable.
- If you use any social networking functionality provided by us, we may access and use your social network profile information that you have made available to be shared.
How We Collect Information
We may send cookies to your computer primarily to enhance your online experience. Cookies are small files that can identify you as a unique user and store your personal preferences or technical information (including click through and click stream data). Cookies can either be permanent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, various features of our Services may not properly function without cookies.
We may also use tracking systems such as web beacons which monitor your use of our Services. This tracking system provides a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page for the purpose of transferring data, such as the Internet Protocol address of a computer, the Uniform Resource Locator of the page displaying the web beacon, the time the page containing the web beacon was viewed, the type of browser that fetched the web beacon and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, web beacons let us know whether you received and opened our e-mail.
On their own, cookies or web beacons do not contain or reveal any personally identifiable information. However, if you choose to furnish personally identifiable information through our Services, this information can be linked to the data stored in the cookies/web beacons. Through your ongoing use of our Services, you specifically agree to our described methods of collecting data and information. You may adjust the privacy and security settings of your browser or mobile device to reject cookies from us or from any other site. Additionally, by setting your web browser to display HTML e-mails as text only, you may be able to prevent the use of some web beacons. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for more information, or consult the instructions set forth by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer. However, certain areas of our websites can only be accessed in conjunction with cookies or similar devices and you should be aware that disabling cookies or similar devices might prevent you from accessing some of our content.
2. Information Use and Disclosure
Unless you choose to opt-out, by using our Services, you consent that we may use or share information we have about you to enhance your user experience, determine your eligibility for a wider range of services or products available to you and provide you notification of same, customize and personalize the content provided to you through our Services, send you information about topics that may be of interest to you, perform research and analytics, provide you communications related to your account and present you with information regarding products and services from our affiliates.
Further, we may share your information with others in the following ways:
With Affiliates of Xome
Federal law gives you the opportunity to limit the sharing of "non-experience information" among affiliates of Xome. "Non-experience information" includes information that is used, expected to be used, or collected for the purpose of establishing your eligibility for consumer credit, insurance or deposit accounts, and is not related solely to your transactions or other experiences with us, including information:
- From your applications
- From a credit report, such as your credit history
- From sources used to verify representations made by you, such as your open lines of credit or employment history
We may share the customer information that we collect with our affiliated companies that provide financial and other services, such as mortgage lenders, insurance agencies, title/escrow and other settlement services companies.
If you prefer that we not share non-experience information about you with an affiliate of Xome for marketing purposes, you may opt out. That is, you may direct us not to share this information by calling us toll-free at (800) 758-8052 or by making a written request to us at 750 Highway 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067, email@example.com. Federal law also gives you the option of limiting our affiliates' use of your information that we share with them.
With Third Party Service Providers, Joint Marketers and as Otherwise Permitted by Law
e may work with non-affiliated companies or organizations to provide you with opportunities to buy products or services offered by us or jointly with other companies, including financial institutions. Consequently, we may disclose some or all of the information that we collect to the following:
- Companies that perform services on our behalf, such as data processing companies, customer/support services and other vendors; and
- Companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
For your protection, we require that these companies keep all personal information secure and confidential.
There may be additional times when it is necessary for us to use and share your information, and we may disclose some or all of the information that we collect as permitted by law.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request
- To support compliance or audit requirements
- To detect, prevent or otherwise respond to fraud, security or technical concerns
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Services, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition or other transfer involving all or part of our business
With Other Third Parties
We may disclose some or all of the information that we collect with non-affiliated companies or other organizations, including:
- Financial service providers, such as mortgage bankers, title companies and insurance agents;
- Non-financial companies, such as retailers, direct marketers, membership clubs and publishers;
- Other companies and organizations, including non-profit organizations.
If you prefer that we not share such information about you with non-affiliates of Xome, you may opt out. That is, you may direct us not to share this information by calling us toll-free at (800) 758-8052 or by making a written request to us at 750 Highway 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067, firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents: If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we provide you with information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing purposes. At your request, we will provide you with a list of the types of information we shared with the other businesses, as well as the names and addresses of all third parties that received personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during the last calendar year. You may receive this information from us once per calendar year. If you would like to request this information, please contact us at +1 (844) 400-9663 or 750 Highway 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
3. Targeted Advertising
We may also use technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We believe that this online behavioral tracking helps to provide you with more relevant advertising based upon on the websites you visit. Third parties may also use similar technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different third party sites, including your use of our websites.
4. How We Protect Your Information
Keeping your personal information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. Only those persons who need it to perform their job responsibilities are authorized to access your information. We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information and limit disclosure by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
5. Maintenance of Accurate Information
We have established commercially reasonable procedures designed to ensure that your personal information is as accurate and complete as possible. If you believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you, please notify us by calling (800) 758-8052 or sending a written inquiry to us at 750 Highway 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067, or by sending us an email to href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take commercially reasonable steps to investigate your concerns and correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
6. Other Websites
9.Children Under 13 Years of Age
Use of our Services by children under the age of 13 is prohibited. Consistent with this prohibition we will not purposely or intentionally collect any information of any child under the age of 13.
10. Nevada Residents Only
Through your registration, searches, applications, surveys or other forms you may complete in the process of using our Services on our websites, we collect a variety of information from you directly, including, without limitation, name, physical address, telephone number(s) and an e-mail address. The information that we collect may be viewed, updated and edited through your user profile available on our websites. You may also contact Xome, per Section 5 above, should you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Your information may be shared with third parties and affiliates in accordance with Section 2 above. Additionally, third parties may look to collect information relative to your use of our websites or other sites you visit immediately prior to or after arriving at our websites, as further described in Section 3 above.
11. Effective Date